Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another Awesome Find

After being on my most wanted list for about 15 years, I finally found it. The Microman Mecharoid V. Yeah, I've seen it around a few times, often in decent condition and with box, but at prices I refuse to pay. So today sitting on a dark shelf in a toy store I see the Mecharoid V with an unbelievable price tag. And the box, toy, everything is in perfect condition. Crazy.

A little history for those not familiar. The Mecharoid V was released in 1977 as part of the Microman series by Takara. Microman included various figures, vehicles, and playsets, all of which were interchangeable via 5mm joints and pegs. The figures were inspired by GI Joe and are therefore super posable. A lot of the vehicles included wind-up or battery powered motors (like the Mecharoid), making them super fun to play with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Koji, that's a beautiful specimen! Great find. :D